Massmart Business Applications and Systems Support Websites
Application System Support is responsible for maintaining and providing technical services and information with a focus on websites. They play a critical role in ensuring the overall integrity of production systems, as well as ensuring that any change in functionality affecting the integration between systems works as intended.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to extract data and information in meaningful ways in order to provide users with the information needed to run the business effectively
- Users receive meaningful reports and snippets to enable them to perform their day-to-day functions
- Whenever possible, standard reports or pre-existing reports should be used – therefore the number of requests for new information or a new set of layouts should be kept to a minimum.
System architecture and application support:
- The programs run in the correct order and access tables accordingly.
- Includes relational database integration, as well as table layouts and production system integration.
- Is able to design a basic database for a specific business application.
- Understanding of System Architecture and Integration – Detailed understanding of application software, operating systems and middleware integration.
- Call resolution within acceptable deadlines and KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Appropriate commercial commitment with regard to the resolution of appeals (verbal, written, etc.)
- Detailed and clear comments on resolved appeals to the company.
- Updates on calls so that the ITSM system is up to date with the progress.
Business requirements and documentation:
- Engages with the Business Analyst to refine the specifications of the business requirements and communicate (if applicable) with the technical team.
- Review BRD to ensure functional specification requirements are met.
- Document a detailed functional specification to explain in a few technical terms the requirements noted in the BRD.
- Responsible for unit and integration tests (including documentation) as part of the project implementation / improvement cycle.
- Complete documentation of test packs.
- Accurate recording of problems and communication to service providers thereof.
- Retest any resolved issues.
System performance and analysis:
- Detailed understanding of all integration points in production systems, and how a change in one area in one application, will impact other areas in the same or different applications
- Maintain, manage and update technical system documentation as needed, in collaboration with the service provider.
- Information integrity is maintained at all times during data updates in collaboration with data analysts, as appropriate.
- Every effort is made to ensure that all production systems are available and can be used by users during trading hours or at other times as required by business functions.
- Make sure all system issues are escalated instantly.
SLA management / Process management:
- SLA management.
- Identify the core processes and actions needed to optimize the business engagement model and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Assist and prioritize calls with service providers in accordance with the company’s expectations.
- Review incidents and plan and coordinate delivery activities.
- Build positive and productive working relationships with customers to grow your business.
- Analyze and resolve delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Manage a delivery team to ensure fast and accurate resolution
- Oversee the daily activities of the delivery team and provide direction and advice as required.
- Make resource allocations and workload assignments based on delivery needs.
- Ensure that the team maintains a high level of competence and operational excellence.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and determine training needs.
- Serve as the primary contact for customer inquiries and concerns.
- Develop process improvements to achieve profitability and save time.
- Make critical business decisions to meet customer expectations.
- Develop the scope and budget of delivery projects.
- Report status to customers and develop required delivery documentation.
- Raise RFCs to resolve issues.
- Coordinate the actions necessary to assist in the analysis and resolution of problems and known errors.
- Monitor progress in resolving known errors and advise incident management staff on the best available workaround.
- Update KEDB with known errors and new or updated workarounds.
- Help manage major incidents and identify their root causes.
- Be responsible for status communication at all levels, including executive leadership
- Constantly analyze and report on the impact of the service (breakdowns and customer impact linked to critical incidents).
- Establish and maintain baseline metrics to properly show measurable improvement over time from a critical incident and problem management perspective.
- Establish and maintain consistency in critical incident and problem management processes.
- Develop and maintain new technical procedures, documentation and existing operational instructions in our organization’s knowledge base (both as part of Critical Incident Management / Problem Management and others).
- Assist / assist in the daily operational activities of the incident management team.
Management of suppliers:
- Ensure supplier compliance with Massmart security requirements, policies, regulations and controls.
- Ensure service providers complete work accurately and on time.
- Make sure vendors are working according to contracts and SLAs.
- Review and evaluate the work provided and the overall performance of each service provider.
Minimum academic and professional qualifications:
- Management qualification, or equivalent through management experience.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework.
- Management of ITIL V4 services.
- Planning and business acumen.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Customer relationship management.
- SAP / database / applications support experience.
- Office suite.
- MS Windows / Windows and IE Explorer / other browsers.
- Process / business analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in application support.
Experience required for this position:
- Computer skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- Talents for problem solving.
- Communication skills.
- Writing skills.
- Knowledge of applications and interactions.
- Experience with service management concepts.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems with a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to handle confidential matters, set priorities and work well under pressure with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision and within teams when necessary.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening skills.
- Time management skills, to be punctual in interactions with customers.
- Effective experience in people management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strengthen reputation and local involvement.
- Ensure client / member centric performance.
- Ensure execution and achieve results.
- Ensure planning and improvement.
- Build and influence the team.
- Adapt and learn.
- Strengthen reputation and local involvement.
- Manage and harness talent.
- Train and develop talents.
- Network internally and externally.
- Ability to converse at all levels of an organization.
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to work individually or in a team.
- Support for enterprise applications
- Process / business analysis
- SAP / Database / Applications
- Management of ITIL V4 services
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- System architecture
- System performance and analysis
Desired work experience:
Find out more / Apply for this position