Native Content Editor – Group of Pedestrians
Group of pedestrians (Winner – Publisher of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is looking for a Creative Writer to join our growing native team. This Native content editor The position will be responsible for brainstorming, producing and optimizing branded content written on our seven award-winning websites: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia.
Reporting directly to the Chief Editor – Native and Ecommerce, our dream candidate is a skilled writer who is creative, organized and able to balance client goals with the integrity of our publications and varied tone of voice.
At Pedestrian Group, we work with a wide range of brands including Amazon, Disney, Telstra, Bumble, Tourism NZ, Commbank and many more, which means that every day you will cover a completely different point of passion for a customer. , a publication and public.
From money-saving tips to a guide on how to slip into someone’s DMs and why an 8K TV is worth spending, no editorial angle is ruled out, and out-of-the-box ideas are not only welcome but championed.
As the guardian of the editorial integrity of our publications, it is important that you are able to deliver intelligent solutions for our clients and publications, and that you work daily in collaboration with our creative projects, partnerships and drafting.
The native content editor should:
- Produce native content – including news announcements, social media posts, and longer lifestyle, tech and cultural content – across all Pedestrian Group locations
- Reflect on editorial angles with our Partnerships team in response to a daily client brief
- Work collaboratively with our Creative Projects team to deliver top-notch native content while meeting client needs
- Commission and edit contributor articles
- Work in collaboration with our site editors to ensure that all native content reflects the overall editorial strategy and its different audiences, as well as to minimize content conflicts between organic and native content
- Track the progress of native articles via calendar and tracking spreadsheets
- Manage multiple campaigns simultaneously
This extension calls a person with:
- At least 3 years of editorial experience, freelance or otherwise
- An appreciation of the importance of quality native content as a service to the reader
- The ability to change your writing tone to suit different audiences across pillars including technology, culture, lifestyle, and business
- Time management skills and experience working under tight deadlines
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- An understanding of G-Suite tools
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, Yoast and various CMS platforms such as WordPress
- Foresight to spot a problem before it becomes one
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
This is a full time position and will be based in the Pedestrian Group offices in Sydney or Melbourne.
If you would like to join us, send us the following:
- A written cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for the role (feel free to get creative).
- Your CV
We can’t wait to meet you!
About the Pedestrian Group
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of over 4.16 million Aussies per month and over 18-39 years of age than any other publisher. It is home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia, as well as outdoor cinemas. It is 100% owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.