QAD: Achieving the best results with change management
Disruption is the buzzword for manufacturers these days – even without the global COVID-19 pandemic, manufacturers constantly face supply chain disruptions, fluid customer demands, global economic pressures and technology-driven competition, among other strengths. How companies react to these scenarios depends on their ability to adapt and manage change.
The recent QAD white paper, “How Manufacturers Can Thrive in the New Age of Disruption, 3 Core Characteristics of an Adaptive Manufacturer” describes how adaptive businesses are smart, innovative and agile. Change management plays a major role in helping these businesses thrive.
Business change management
We know that business change management encompasses all the activities necessary to understand, prepare and implement new initiatives, especially new or improved ones. technological implementations. The primary goal of business change management is to manage business risks associated with people during times of business change. It is necessary for companies to actually realize the benefits of the identified business change.
Companies implementing a new or upgraded technology, such as an ERP or EQMS solution, can start by answering high-level questions related to the change:
- What change do we need to make?
- Why is change needed?
- How will the change affect us?
- When do we need to change?
- Who will lead the change effort?
- How will we be successful?
When companies adhere to the following general change management tips when implementing a new process or technology, they can achieve positive results:
- Use a structured approach
- Make sure it’s simple to use, communicate and understand
- Start early in the project
- Consider the individual and organization
- Create an effective communication plan
Above all, QAD knows that the major barometer of success is the level of involvement of the leaders. The active and visible sponsorship of the management team is essential to success. Strong senior management support is essential.
Drive results through change management
Creating an environment where change can occur successfully requires developing and planning a strategy. QAD has outlined a set of strategic steps to achieve positive results with change management in the figure below.
QAD Customer Engagement Program
QAD has developed its Customer Engagement Program to guide companies in implementing new or upgraded ERP systems. The Customer Engagement Program is a progressive series of consultative meetings that includes:
- Discovery:Understand the business objectives, challenges and priorities of the client; assess the existing business process and its effectiveness in achieving overall objectives.
- Vision workshop:Identify areas to optimize and recommend alternatives for faster gains.
- Roadmap :Work with the client to create a detailed plan for the deployment of the agreed set of recommendations, including resource requirements, change management and knowledge transfer.
- Q-Scan:Conduct short, focused assessments that provide insight to get the most benefits from implementing QAD. QAD offers Q-Scans on a variety of topics, from process reviews, system performance and analysis, to compliance and upgrades.
The customer engagement program evaluates metrics against a series of performance metrics called “effective business key performance indicators (KPIs) QAD”). The KPI framework includes hundreds of possible measures of Customer service, supplier performance, manufacturing efficiency, achievement of manufacturing schedule, supply chain efficiency, inventory efficiency, asset utilization, financial compliance, industry compliance and IT efficiency. The metrics that best measure the customer’s performance against their goals are mapped to the functionality of QAD solutions.
A partner for your change management journey
Through our decades of experience with manufacturers implementing new ERP technology and related solutions, we know that there is a clear correlation between having a formal business change management program and delivering benefits on time. and the budget. Change management helps companies reduce risk during times of change. We recommend that companies invest time and effort in managing change. QAD is your travel partner.
QAD inc. published this content on August 24, 2021 and is solely responsible for the information it contains. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on 24 Aug 2021 04:53:04 PM UTC.
Public now 2021
Trends in technical analysis QAD INC.
|Short term||Mid Road||Long term|
Evolution of the income statement
|Number of analysts||2|
|Last closing price||
|Average price target||
|Spread / Average target||-13.9%|